XMind, Ltd. collects your personal information to provide you with our products and services in the most convenient and user-friendly way.
- Account-Related Activity. Certain products and services offered through our website (collectively, including all content and technology available through any domain owned by XMind, Ltd. , the “Site”) such as downloading our software and accessing a Site service may require you to have a Site account. We ask for certain personal information when you create a Site account, including your email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access. When you purchase our products and/or services, we also collect necessary personal information such as your contact and payment information in order to complete the transaction.
- Usage Information. We may record information about your usage, such as when you use the Site, the channels, groups, and favorites you subscribe to, the contacts you communicate with, the content you view, and the frequency and size of data transfers, as well as information you display or click on in the Site (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. "Web Beacons") in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
We may also ask for personal information related to your use of our products and services when you contact our support staff by phone, download software updates, participate in one of our online surveys, or register product information.
- Content Uploaded to Site. In general, any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, within your profile pages, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others (collectively “Public Content”). If a private information management service or private sharing service is available to you and your uploaded content is enabled only for your own consumption or private sharing with select parties, then XMind will exercise commercially reasonable efforts to restrict access only to you or the people whom you specify in your contact list for that content.
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Site, we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the general and personalized features and functionality of the Site, and to process any flagging activity or correspondence you send to us.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other users of the Site when you upload content or send messages through the Site and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any Public Content that you submit to the Site may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous and aggregate user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Site and our products, and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, analyzing, and processing user preferences and trends, as well as user activity and communications.
Information That is Publicly Available
- When you create an account on the Site, some information about your account and your account activity will be provided to other users of the Site. This may include the date you opened your account, the date you last logged into your account, your age (if you choose to make it public), the country and the number of content items you have viewed.
- Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other users when you engage in certain activity on the Site, such as when you upload content or send messages through the Site. Other users can contact you through messages and comments.
- You may also have some personal information that will be visible to other users on your home page (which is the public facing page for your account on the Site). This may include a profile picture, your name, public maps, gender, or other details.
- If you choose to add certain features to your home page, then these features and your activity associated with these features will be displayed to other users and may be aggregated and shared with your confirmed contacts or other users. Such shared activity may include what content you favorite, what content you rated and what content you have uploaded.
- Any Public Content that you submit to the Site may be redistributed through the internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- You may, of course, decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Site, in which case you can still view content and explore the Site, but XMind may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
- You may control the information that is available to other users and your confirmed contacts at any time by editing your account and the features that are included on your home page.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
- XMind does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks XMind to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, men ages 18-34) or audience segment (for example, men ages 18-24 who have viewed certain categories of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Site, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
- The Site may offer links to or access from other websites. When you click on links to or return to other websites, we encourage you to read their privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours.