If you’re relatively new to the Instagram app, then you might still be trying to work out how to use it. In the article below, we’re going to help you work out how to follow someone on Instagram. Let’s dive in.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone. You will see the app because the icon looks like a camera. If you aren’t signed in yet, you will need to do so.
- Open your search tab by selecting the magnifying glass that you can find at the bottom of the screen.
- In the search bar, start typing the name of the company or person that you want to follow.
- Select the name of the person that you are wanting to follow. If you can’t find the person you are looking for, then you will need to ask them what their Instagram username is. If you want to find a company or celebrity to follow but you can’t find them, try looking for their Instagram account through a Google search.
- Select the ‘follow’ button that you will find at the top of the screen.
- Find other people to follow on Instagram. Go to your profile and select the tab at the bottom of your screen that looks like the outline of a person. Select the three dots that you will see at the top of the next page to the right. This is going to open up even more options. Under the ‘follow people’ tab, select ‘Facebook Friends’ so that you can follow users from your Facebook friends, and select ‘contacts’ so that you can follow users from the contact list on your phone.