In this article, we’re going to talk about how to reactivate an Instagram profile if you’ve decided to temporarily disable it. If your account has been deleted, you’ve always got the option of making a new account.
Reactivating Your Instagram Account
- Make sure that your Instagram profile has been deactivated for long enough. Once you have chosen to deactivate your Instagram account, the social media app usually needs a couple of hours to complete the process. During this time, you won’t be able to reactivate your account. If your account has been deactivated for more than a day, then you should be able to get back in without any issues.
- Understand that you can’t reactivate an account that has been deleted. If you have chosen to delete your Instagram profile, then you can’t reactivate it for any reason.
- Open Instagram on your phone.
- Enter your phone number, email address, or username. You can use any of your persona information as long as they are related to your Instagram profile. Depending on the screen on which Instagram is loading, you might need to first select the ‘log in’ button to view the login page.
- Enter your Instagram password. You will do this in the text box. If you can’t remember your password, then you have the option of resetting it.
- Select ‘log in’. This will be at the bottom of your screen. As long as your personal information is correct, then doing this is going to log you into your Instagram and reactivate your profile.
- Follow any on-screen prompts that come up. Depending on how long your Instagram profile has been deactivate for, you might need to accept the terms and conditions or verify your personal information before you can go to your profile page. When you log back into your Instagram account, this reactivates it. This means that you shouldn’t have to take any further action to get back into your profile.
Appealing a Disabled Profile
- Verify that your account has been suspended. Open the app and try logging in with your personal details. If a message comes up that says ‘your account has been disabled’ once you have tried to log in, then Instagram has disabled your account for flouting its terms and conditions. If you see an error message, then it hasn’t been disabled. You will need to try troubleshooting it to get it back up again.
- Open the Instagram appeal form. Visit https://help.instagram.com/contact/606967319425038 in your web browser. You can use this form to ask Instagram to allow you access to your profile again.
- Type in your name. There will be a text box near the top of your page, which is where you will enter your first and last name as it is on your Instagram profile.
- Enter your username. Enter your username into the text box where it says ‘your Instagram username’.
- Enter your phone number and email address. You will see text boxes for these respectively on your screen.
- Enter your appeal request. This will be the last text box that you see on the page. Here, enter your message stating why you think your account needs to be reactivated. When writing your appeal, remember that there are a few guidelines to follow. The first is that while you think your account has been deactivated, you believe it was a mistake. The second is to avoid apologizing, because this will lead them to believe that you’re guilty of something. The third is to remember to keep your tone polite and pleasant and try to avoid using harsh language. Lastly, end your appeal by saying ‘thank you’.
- Select ‘send’. This is the blue button that you will see at the bottom of your page. This is going to send your message through to Instagram, and if they choose to reactivate your account, then you will be able to login when you’ve received their message. You can repeat this process multiple times a day until Instagram has made their decision.
Troubleshooting Login Issues
- Try logging into your Instagram profile with your phone number or email address. If it’s not working with your username, then try your phone or email. The same applies the other way around as well.
- Reset your password. If you can’t remember the password to your Instagram profile, then you will need to reset it from your computer or phone.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi on your phone when you are trying to log in. Using your cellular data instead can help the issue of trying to log in and failing.
- Use a different platform to try and get into your Instagram profile. Your computer or phone might have cached information that is blocking you from being able to get into your account. If this is the case, then use a different computer or phone to try and log in.
- Reinstall the Instagram app. Sometimes, uninstalling and then reinstalling the Instagram app on your phone can be what resolves the issues. If your Instagram app hasn’t been updated in a while, then this could be the problem.
- Think about whether you have flouted Instagram’s terms and conditions. If you are getting a message that says your Instagram profile doesn’t exist, then your profile might have been deleted because you violated Instagram’s terms and conditions. Common violations can include bullying, nudity, fraud and promoting dangerous products.