In this article, we’re going to talk about how you can work out who has unfollowed you on Instagram. Because Instagram has for the most part banned apps that provide this type of information, the easiest way to do this is by checking your list on the Instagram app, or through your desktop. Let’s dive in.
Using the Instagram App
- Open the Instagram app.
- Select the profile icon. This is the icon that looks like a person, and you will find it at the bottom of your screen to the right.
- Select ‘followers’. This is a tab that you will find at the top of your screen, and it will have the current number of people following you.
- Look for followers who aren’t following you anymore. Go down your list of followers and look for names that are missing. If you don’t see someone who you know was following you at one point, then they unfollowed you. This can be hard to do if you have recently lost a lot of followers, but you should be able to get a rough idea of who isn’t following you anymore.
The alternative to this is that the person who isn’t following you anymore might have deleted their Instagram account. You can check to see if they have by selecting the magnifying icon at the bottom of your screen and looking up their name.
Using Instagram From Your Desktop
- Open Instagram in your web browser.
- Select the profile icon. This is the icon that is the shape of a person.
- Select ‘followers’. This is a tab that you will find at the top of your page, just underneath your username. You should see a list of your current followers here.
- Look for followers that aren’t following you anymore. If you don’t see someone who is usually on this list, then it means that they aren’t following you anymore. Again, like we talked about above, there is a chance that they have deleted their Instagram account as well. If this is the case, then you can find out by searching for them in the search bar at the top of your page.
Using Follow Cop for Android
- Have a good understanding for how this works. This is an app that works only with Android, and it takes note of whenever someone decides to stop following you on Instagram. It is going to ask you for your Instagram credentials, so you need to decide whether this is worth the risk of not.
It also doesn’t let you see followers who have unfollowed you in the past – it only lets you see followers that have just unfollowed you. Follow Cop won’t use your data from Instagram, but it will get you to automatically follow their Instagram profile.
- Download the Follow Cop app. Go to the Google Play store, then select the search bar. Type in ‘follow cop’, then select it when you see it in the search results. Select ‘install’, then ‘accept’.
- Open the Follow Cop app. This is going to take you to the login page.
- Sign in using your Instagram account credentials.
- Choose your account. Select your Instagram account that will be near the top of the page.
- Select ‘recent unfollowers’. This is an option that you should see in the center of your page.
- Close the ad if you need to. This is going to take you to the recent unfollowers page, where Follow Cop will be able to start tracking your current followers.
- Close Follow Cop, then open it again when you want to see what’s happening with your followers. You can do this by going back to ‘recent unfollowers’. You will probably see more ads you will need to close out of when you do this.